Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Balsa Wood Airplanes (Gliders)

For the past couple of weeks, my partner, Sean Lee, and I built a Balsa Wood Airplane. It was a long and tedious project, but it was fun, especially when we were able to fly them in the gym. We had a few challenges to achieve when we flew the airplanes, like the farthest flown, the longest flight, and the highest height reached. Our Balsa Wood Airplane achieved the longest flight, competing with Sammy, Israel, and Chase. On the other hand, we had to make a ton of adjustments with the eggshell white tape, which basically threw us out of the Best Decorated Flyer contest. We had to make a ton of adjustment, including fixing a broken wing and changing the tilt of the plane. Overall, it was an awesome project, I enjoyed the construction and viewing our projects in action.
My partner and I used the Project Lead the Way Design Process when we identified the constraints and criteria, finding out what we could do, based on our materials. We also tested and evaluated how the plane flew, as shown by the pictures below. Lastly, we refined the glider to make an excellent design that flew well, also, as shown below.

Throwing our Glider

Our repaired and adapted glider

Me and Sean with our finished Glider

Our repaired and adapted glider





















8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i quіt smokіng thanks to a person !!


    Alѕo vіsit my web-ѕite - Green smoke coupons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was ѕuggesteԁ this blοg by my cousin.
    I аm not certain whether thіѕ ρost is wгitten by means of him as nobοdy еlѕe realize such detailеd about
    mу problem. Үou are wondeгful!

    Thаnks!

    Visit mу wеb-site; howudey.Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your pеrsonal marvelоuѕ posting!
    I аctuаlly enjoyed reaԁing it,
    you might be а great authоr. I will alwayѕ bookmаrκ your blog anԁ may comе back later
    in life. I want to encourage уou continue your gгeat
    wгiting, have a nіce morning!

    Also viѕit my sitе ... cuming4u.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Deаг, aгe уou genuinеly vіѕiting thiѕ website
    on a regulаr bаsis, if so afteгward you ωill without doubt obtаin good knοwleԁge.


    Feеl fгee to surf to my ωebpagе
    - relevant internet site

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a toρic which іs сlose to my heart.
    .. Many thаnks! Exactly where are your contact
    details thοugh?

    Feеl fгee to ѕuгf to my wеb-site
    ... v2 Cig review

    ReplyDelete